Spelling Sounds™ 1 Pro
Easily teach students to spell their first words with phonics!
- Teaches students basic spelling and segmentation skills
- Includes a huge library of CVC, CCVC & CVCC words, pictures and sentences
- Developed by a reading specialist
- Fun, effective, scientifically based
- Multisensory, scaffolded support to assist learning
- Unique, patent pending teaching tool
- Complements any phonics program
- Fully customisable: create activities with specific word patterns!
- App available on iPad
What is SPELLING Sounds™ 1 Pro?
Spelling Sounds™ 1 Pro helps beginning and struggling readers to learn to spell. It is a fun, effective and scientifically based teaching tool that helps you to teach students to segment (break up) words into speech sounds and to then spell them using letter-sound knowledge. The app uses a unique teaching system that automatically identifies what a child knows, what the child does not know, and which words the student finds difficult.
Spelling Sounds™ 1 Pro includes a large library of CVC, CCVC and CVCC words and is fully customisable, making it easy to set up custom activities to teach students to read specific word types (such as words ending in -at, or words beginning with st-). While the app is designed to be able to be used independently, it is a perfect complement to our flagship program, Reading Sounds™ 1 Pro.
Why is the ability to BREAK WORDS UP INTO SPEECH SOUNDS WHEN SPELLING important?
Skilled spellers are good at understanding that words are made up of speech sounds (a skill called phonemic awareness). They are also good at understanding how these speech sounds are represented by letters in words. These skills help children to spell words successfully because understanding how letters usually represent the way we say words gives children an advantage in understanding our spelling system. Difficulties with these skills are a hallmark of the struggling speller.
How does SPELLING Sounds™ 1 Pro help?
Spelling Sounds™ 1 Pro uses a patent pending, self-adjusting, multisensory teaching method to help teach beginning and struggling spellers to use letter-sound knowledge to spell simple words with direct letter-sound patterns, such as "cat, stop" and "lost". The teaching system automatically identifies what a child knows, what the child does not know, and which words the child confuses. Spelling Sounds™ 1 Pro includes a large library of CVC, CCVC and CVCC words. It is fully customisable, making it easy to set up custom activities to teach students to spell specific word types (such as words ending in -at, or words beginning with st-).
Who should use SPELLING Sounds™ 1 Pro?
Spelling Sounds™ 1 Pro is ideal for helping beginning spellers, students with spelling difficulties and students learning English as a second language. It is a perfect complement to any phonics program and is fully customisable. We are confident it will quickly become a favourite tool for teachers, parents, literacy specialists and anybody else with an interest in the teaching of reading and spelling!
Summary of Features
- Created by a literacy expert
- Easy to use
- Fun, intuitive and powerful teaching tool
- Perfect for children of all ages learning to read English, including students with learning difficulties and students of English as a second language (ESL)
- Patent-pending, adjustable memory-aid system helps students remember letter-sound patterns
- Create and save custom activities to complement any synthetic phonics approach
How to get SPELLING Sounds™ 1 Pro
Spelling Sounds™ 1 Pro is available as an iPad app. To view it in the app store or to buy and download it, click the button below: